Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ummm... so let me put it this way.

The flu SUCKS.

It used be I hated getting it because I never got sick (except, you know, when I caught the flu.) So of course, I was no good at being sick... which made/makes me a miserable, whining baby when I got/get it.

This time around, of course, it was no different. Came home from retail paradise early Monday evening (having procured the white board I assume will jump-start me, creatively... or not), and suddenly I was aching just everywhere in my body. Then I started getting the chills. Urgh.

So I climbed into bed, hoping that couple of hours sleep would take care of it. No such luck. Woke up at a quarter to 10 (PM) and decided that it would probably be a good idea to forewarn the esteemed leaders that yours truly might not be in the next day. There was still a little bit of hope though - my shift wasn't until 3 PM the next day, so I hoped I could just sleep it off and bounce back. Unh-uh.

My ex was kind enough (during finals week, especially) to bring over some cold/flu medicine, soups, orange juice, and some seasonal Hostess cakes (?); yet another reason I can't figure out how exactly I feel about her. But that's an entirely different story.

So I took the nighttime medicine, and dropped into my bed. Whereupon I proceeded to suffer an epic 18-hour battle between two forces fighting over whether my body should a) lay as close to linear as possible and sweat buckets or b) curl as tightly as possible inwards and freeze. The whole time, as well, I think I was actually hallucinating the various parties arguing over which way was better. Yi...

It got a little bit better in the evening, but I still had to call in sick for today. Lamesauce. Oh well, I think I'm headed back uphill now, mostly just a little cough, sore throat, and some congestion.

Just wanted to note that I'm really running into the problem of finding songs and lyrics that in no way match up to each other AT ALL. Urgh. Like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole... and it'd be one thing if it was a couple of isolated incidents, but I have a ton of lyrics and ton of instrumental ideas stacked up, and the results as of yet have not been very encouraging... maybe the lesson here kids is, don't wait too long before you start working on the next one. Or something. Sleep now?

No comments: